Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pop Goes the Egg

Or "went". And maybe eggS? (and do you get that it's the men without hats song or am I really weird? 'cause I'm singing it in my head right now)

Finally ovulated last Wednesday. Got a good bit of trying in and Fertility Friend (we're cool for now) gave me a "High" (see "Counterproductive" post). But we were cutting things close.

I participated in the Relay for Life in my hometown 6 hours away on Friday night and let me tell you I was plenty worried that egg wouldn't pop before we left. Staying at my parents' would have made this cycle a little....awkward. But we dodged that bullet, thank God!

So now we wait. At this point I'm less than a week from poas and bloodwork. Here's hoping.

Edit: Lyung in bed after posting this I remembered a conversation I wanted to share.

Given how horribly uncomfortable I was prior to O (at one point walking and speed bumps made me whimper), it has been suggested by numerous people that perhaps I had multiple eggs pop. I'm not a big fan of the possible ramifications of this. As I told J the other night, it felt like I had 10 eggs on the go. "maybe you should get ready for dec-tuplets....or maybe dodeca-tuplets". That's what you get from the minds of two mathematicians, relating multiple births to polygons. (the 12 sided being a dodecahedron, in case you didn't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment