Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Burn Baby Burn

I play softball. Last week we had a game. I also have very fair skin. I always have an spf 30 on (it's part of my makeup). Last week I tired a new "pure" sunscreen. Supposedly spf 50.

Now granted I didn,t reapply at the end of the day before the game but that's like spf 80, right? And I wore a hat.

Well, I got pink. Not red, just pink. 2 days later, red. And bumpy. Like my cheeks felt like orange peels. Ewwwww. My naturopath suggests it's a sun rash....perhaps resulting from.....the hormones I'm on.

Ah yes, I vaguely remember reading increased photosensitivity somewhere. Great.

So a full week later, having endured itchy, burning, tight, bumpy and rough, I am now peeling. Aloe vera does shit for this. I actually think it made it worse for a day or so. I am currently in LOVE with Aveeno baby lotion. Only thing that has calmed it all week.

And can I tell you a secret? I absolutely love when my skin is peeling. Something facinates me about flaked off skin. I know, gross. But fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment