I opened the curtains this morning and saw there were a bunch of feathers on the ground by our tree. There was also another bunch a few feet away.
I was sure taht there would be a bird nearby...dead. Nothing.
I went on with my morning. Took some pictures of the new fence! Then went to get in the car to go to work.
There by the passenger door was a mourning dove. He was missing a bunch of feathers and the ones that were left were ruffled. I didn't see too closely but his head looked weird and the side was red and bloodied. He walked around looking skittish and disoriented. When I walked forward a bit he made like he wanted to fly but I thought maybe his wings weren't working.
I went back into the house thinking I would call someone to pick him up...but who do you call? The city? The SPCA? What would they do for him?
I had a meeting and I couldn't stay home. J pulled the car out of the drive way and I got in to leave for work. I looked back at the bird and wanted to cry.
We stopped the car. The workers were working on the fence. I went to tell them about the bird. So that if I called someone they could show them the bird. But when the four of us approached the bird he flew 2 doors down.
We came back at noon and couldn't find him anywhere.
Did he find somewhere to recuperate? Did the evil cat find him again?
I hope he's okay. I don't like the explanation that that's just nature. He was so scared looking and so badly hurt.
I hope he's okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww poor bird- I hope he is ok.
ReplyDelete