We had a follow up with my doctor last Friday. We waited 3 hours.
The worst part is I'm not even that mad about waiting so long after our scheduled time. The thing is, I know it's because he spends a lot of time with each patient and he never rushes you. So for the luxury of a doctor who answers all my questions and doesn't check his watch all the time, I wait. He did give the advice that the first appointment is usually less than 1/2 an hour late ('cause he sees urgent/time sensitive cases before his day officially starts). So next time we should only wait max an hour.
The verdict is: everything is going well so no need to change anything.
Oh how frustrating this is. I appreciate that he is conservative and doesn't want to mess with something that's working. But. I just feel after 4 1/2 years and 3 rounds of Clomid with no pregnancy we should be moving ahead more aggressively. Well, I'm actually just really impatient. I (theoretically) agree 100%. But in practice, I just can't stand the waiting.
We will so some further tests in the next few cycles though. So maybe that will help me feel less like I'm sitting here wasting my time. But it seems we are just continuing as is for a while. No planned increase in meds and no planned assistance procedures.
As a friend often says about this journey: more hurry up and wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment